Egypt’s E-Styrenics shifts to offering on EGP basis
“We issued increases on our September offers and we started to give offers on an EGP equivalent basis in order to support and help the market players amid the dollar parity issues and difficulties in opening letter of credits. Our cargoes are seeing good demand in the local market while our export activities are still muted as our prices are still considered to be a bit high,” commented the producer source.
Currently, the producer’s GPPS offers are standing at EGP14045-14510/ton on an ex-works Dekheila, cash basis. Meanwhile, the producer’s offers on dollar terms are at $1505-1555/ton with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand
- Asian spot naphtha prices pull back from multi-month highs
- China gears up for new PP start-ups in H2 2019