Egypt’s ECHEM to complete studies for C3 project in March
ECHEM is also conducting studies for a new complex which is set to produce 460,000 tons/year ethylene and 400,000 tons/year of PE in Alexandria. The investment value of the project is reported at around $1.9 billion. The company is primarily aiming to meet the local market’s needs while the production surplus will be directed to export markets.
ECHEM already owns The Egyptian Ethylene and Derivatives Company (Ethydco) complex in Alexandria.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China HDPE market’s premium over LLDPE hits highest in a year
- Indian PVC players expect bullish trend to taper off for August
- Local PP, PE offers for July track global uptrend in Saudi Arabia
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions