Egypt’s ECHEM to complete studies for C3 project in March
ECHEM is also conducting studies for a new complex which is set to produce 460,000 tons/year ethylene and 400,000 tons/year of PE in Alexandria. The investment value of the project is reported at around $1.9 billion. The company is primarily aiming to meet the local market’s needs while the production surplus will be directed to export markets.
ECHEM already owns The Egyptian Ethylene and Derivatives Company (Ethydco) complex in Alexandria.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Upsurge continues to wreak havoc on Turkey’s PP, PE markets
- PVC rally roars back in Asia as supply worries mount
- China PP, PE markets join global rally after Lunar New Year holiday
- PE, PP and PVC supply crunch exacerbated on US absence, traditional trade flows upended
- European PP, PE markets set for 5th bullish month as shortage bites
- Turkey shattered as PP prices shoot up to surreal levels
- Polymer markets face one of most chaotic times
- Turnaround season set to get underway in Asia
- Crude oil heals COVID-inflicted wounds; now what lies ahead?
- Global shipping turmoil deepens, adding to the upheaval in plastic resins