Egypt’s ECHEM to complete studies for C3 project in March
ECHEM is also conducting studies for a new complex which is set to produce 460,000 tons/year ethylene and 400,000 tons/year of PE in Alexandria. The investment value of the project is reported at around $1.9 billion. The company is primarily aiming to meet the local market’s needs while the production surplus will be directed to export markets.
ECHEM already owns The Egyptian Ethylene and Derivatives Company (Ethydco) complex in Alexandria.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Bleak outlook for Q1 keeps European PP, PE buyers sidelined
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe