Egypt’s ECHEM to complete studies for C3 project in March
ECHEM is also conducting studies for a new complex which is set to produce 460,000 tons/year ethylene and 400,000 tons/year of PE in Alexandria. The investment value of the project is reported at around $1.9 billion. The company is primarily aiming to meet the local market’s needs while the production surplus will be directed to export markets.
ECHEM already owns The Egyptian Ethylene and Derivatives Company (Ethydco) complex in Alexandria.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open post-Eid period with a cautious tone
- Global oil and petchem revenues hit by challenging market environment
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?