Egypt’s EPC adjusts up their PVC prices
The producer made this move after hearing that the country’s other local producer TCI Sanmar will shut its plant until the end of July. The source added, “Since we are the only local producer in the market for now, we started to receive many inquiries. We had to move in line with the market range after import offers rose during the last week.”
The producer now offers k67-68 at EGP8950/ton ($1020/ton) and k70 at EGP9100/ton ($1036/ton), all on an ex-Alexandria, cash excluding VAT basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Can LDPE uptrend hold in Asia?
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic