Egypt’s EPC and TCI Sanmar issue mid-month PVC prices
A source from the company stated, “Overall sentiment is firming and we see support from increasing import prices. Demand is also giving signs of improvement and we are expecting this trend to continue in the upcoming days. At the moment, we hold comfortable stock levels and we are delivering smoothly to the market. However, we are not exporting and are focusing on our local deliveries.”
Meanwhile, the second domestic PVC producer, TCI Sanmar, lifted their prices by EGP300/ton ($39/ton) to EGP8050/ton ($960/ton without VAT) on ex-Port Said, cash including VAT basis for the second half of the month.
A source from the producer reported, “We see improvement in buying interest both in the local and export markets. PVC prices are globally firming up and players have started to secure fresh cargoes. We also issued around $50/ton hikes on our export offers.” TCI Sanmar reported that they are still sparing a larger amount of materials for their export business when compared to their local business.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian ethylene heads south, propylene yet to follow
- Early reactions to Turkey’s dumping case on Saudi Arabian LDPE
- October PET deals concluded with moderate increases in Europe
- Will it be supply or demand to set PP, PE outlook in Europe?
- Premium of HDPE over LLDPE hits 16-month high in Turkey
- Post-holiday hikes carry China homo-PP market to 1-year high
- Asia PVC markets see longest rising streak ever on extreme tightness
- Africa polymers: October offers higher amid reduced availability
- Stable to softer PE trend prevails in Europe amid soft demand, poor netbacks
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets move up, but riddled with uncertainties