Egypt’s EPC announces mid-April PVC prices
A source from the producer commented, “The increase decision came in line with the globally firming trend and the improved demand we see towards our cargoes. Our plant is running at full rates and we continue to deliver to the market without any problems.”
The producer’s April offers for the first half of the month were already forming the low end of the overall local market range and players had already been expecting an increase decision.
Now, players are waiting to hear the other local PVC producer, TCI Sanmar’s, offers while a source from the company stated, “We are yet to decide upon our new levels although we might issue some slight increases since we see satisfactory demand for our cargoes in the local market due to the fact that many players have abandoned their import purchases amidst higher USD exchange rates and ongoing problems when opening letters of credit at banks.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian ethylene-naphtha spread at almost 7-year low
- European PVC defies global uptrend
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets at a standstill amid lingering downturn
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand