Egypt’s EPC announces mid-April PVC prices
A source from the producer commented, “The increase decision came in line with the globally firming trend and the improved demand we see towards our cargoes. Our plant is running at full rates and we continue to deliver to the market without any problems.”
The producer’s April offers for the first half of the month were already forming the low end of the overall local market range and players had already been expecting an increase decision.
Now, players are waiting to hear the other local PVC producer, TCI Sanmar’s, offers while a source from the company stated, “We are yet to decide upon our new levels although we might issue some slight increases since we see satisfactory demand for our cargoes in the local market due to the fact that many players have abandoned their import purchases amidst higher USD exchange rates and ongoing problems when opening letters of credit at banks.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PVC market in China suffers larger declines than in India
- African PE markets hit historical lows on greater competition from US supply
- Italy’s PVC market takes a downward turn in Nov following ethylene
- Turkey’s import PP market hovers around 3-year low as activity stays depressed
- HDPE moves below LDPE, LLDPE after almost two years in Asia
- Price gap between PS and styrene widens in Asia
- Turkey's polymer imports rebound in Q3; will 2019 end with a smaller-than-expected fall?
- China's PE imports hit a new record of 12 m tons in first 3 quarters
- Year-end stock clearing adds to bearish PE trend in SE Asia
- Tax on plastic packaging causes jitters among Italian players