Egypt’s EPC announces mid-April PVC prices
A source from the producer commented, “The increase decision came in line with the globally firming trend and the improved demand we see towards our cargoes. Our plant is running at full rates and we continue to deliver to the market without any problems.”
The producer’s April offers for the first half of the month were already forming the low end of the overall local market range and players had already been expecting an increase decision.
Now, players are waiting to hear the other local PVC producer, TCI Sanmar’s, offers while a source from the company stated, “We are yet to decide upon our new levels although we might issue some slight increases since we see satisfactory demand for our cargoes in the local market due to the fact that many players have abandoned their import purchases amidst higher USD exchange rates and ongoing problems when opening letters of credit at banks.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Vietnam PP market yet to respond to faltering upturn in China
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe