Egypt’s EPC halts deliveries to market
“We maintained our offers at last week’s levels; however we do not have any material to offer as our plant is still shut. We might resume production by the beginning of December,” added the source. Previously, a producer source had reported that they would set their prices on a weekly basis as of this week due to the fluctuating dollar parity until the exchange rates stabilize between the US dollar and the EGP.
The producer’s November PVC offers are currently standing at EGP15000/ton ($953/ton) for k67-68 and at EGP15800/ton ($1004/ton) for k70, on ex-Alexandria, cash excluding VAT basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets
- European PP, PE markets open 2023 with renewed drops
- Tight supply keeps expectations bullish in Turkey’s PVC market
- End of China’s ‘zero-COVID’ stance: Double-edged sword for Asia PVC, PP and PE markets
- Mid-Eastern sellers approach China, SE Asia and Turkey with firmer PP, PE prices for Jan
- Egypt’s local PE, PP markets head north as pound plunges to new low
- Styrenics markets reverse slump after months-long downtrend in Europe