Egypt’s EPC halts deliveries to market
“We maintained our offers at last week’s levels; however we do not have any material to offer as our plant is still shut. We might resume production by the beginning of December,” added the source. Previously, a producer source had reported that they would set their prices on a weekly basis as of this week due to the fluctuating dollar parity until the exchange rates stabilize between the US dollar and the EGP.
The producer’s November PVC offers are currently standing at EGP15000/ton ($953/ton) for k67-68 and at EGP15800/ton ($1004/ton) for k70, on ex-Alexandria, cash excluding VAT basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand