Egypt’s EPC halts deliveries to market
“We maintained our offers at last week’s levels; however we do not have any material to offer as our plant is still shut. We might resume production by the beginning of December,” added the source. Previously, a producer source had reported that they would set their prices on a weekly basis as of this week due to the fluctuating dollar parity until the exchange rates stabilize between the US dollar and the EGP.
The producer’s November PVC offers are currently standing at EGP15000/ton ($953/ton) for k67-68 and at EGP15800/ton ($1004/ton) for k70, on ex-Alexandria, cash excluding VAT basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- LDPE run-up enters its third month in China as tightness persists
- African PP, PE markets extend gains into Sept on tightness
- European PS follows SM lower in Sept, ABS flat on tightness
- Turkey PP, PE markets propelled higher by shipping bottlenecks in Sept
- Are record-high PVC prices the new normal amid enduring pandemic?
- European PVC up for 16th month in Sept, prices touch new highs
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets rise on tightness in September
- Logistics snarls propel import PP, PE offers higher in Europe
- Import PVC prices near all-time highs in India, disparity with China/SEA grows
- PP, PE supplies rise in China; demand lags behind expectations despite peak season