Egypt’s EPC halts deliveries to market
“We maintained our offers at last week’s levels; however we do not have any material to offer as our plant is still shut. We might resume production by the beginning of December,” added the source. Previously, a producer source had reported that they would set their prices on a weekly basis as of this week due to the fluctuating dollar parity until the exchange rates stabilize between the US dollar and the EGP.
The producer’s November PVC offers are currently standing at EGP15000/ton ($953/ton) for k67-68 and at EGP15800/ton ($1004/ton) for k70, on ex-Alexandria, cash excluding VAT basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Vietnam PP market yet to respond to faltering upturn in China
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe