Egypt’s EPC lifts up PVC prices for April
Now, the producer offers k67-68 at EGP8400/ton ($946/ton) and k70 at EGP8550/ton ($963/ton) on ex-Alexandria, cash excluding VAT basis.
“Our increase decision came in line with the globally firming trend. We also considered the good demand we see from the local market when lifting up our prices. Most buyers prefer to meet their needs locally in the face of increasing US dollar exchange rates against the Egyptian pound. Right now, we operate at full capacity and we have sufficient stocks to deliver to the market,” further added the source.
Prior to their increase announcement, an increase decision was already expected from the producer since their prices were more competitive when compared to the distribution market levels and to the other PVC producer TCI Sanmar’s prices.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand
- Asian spot naphtha prices pull back from multi-month highs