Egypt's EPC reveals H2 Oct PVC offers to local market
EPC’s new PVC offers are reported at EGP17,700/ton ($997/ton) for PVC k67-68 and at EGP18,500/ton ($1042/ton) for k70, on ex-Alexandria, cash excluding VAT basis. The official exchange rate is used for the US dollar calculations.
The source reported that they had to step back on their initial October offers which indicated EGP200/ton increases. This was due to the global softening trend as well as stagnant demand both in the local and export markets. He added, “Our plant is offline at the moment due to some technical issues while we will resume operations within a week starting from today. However, our deliveries will not be affected by the shutdown as we have sufficient stocks.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand
- Taiwanese major hikes Aug PVC offers to Asia as limited availability outweighs monsoon effect
- East African PP, PE markets on rise for July but deals still scarce