Egypt's EPC reveals H2 Oct PVC offers to local market
EPC’s new PVC offers are reported at EGP17,700/ton ($997/ton) for PVC k67-68 and at EGP18,500/ton ($1042/ton) for k70, on ex-Alexandria, cash excluding VAT basis. The official exchange rate is used for the US dollar calculations.
The source reported that they had to step back on their initial October offers which indicated EGP200/ton increases. This was due to the global softening trend as well as stagnant demand both in the local and export markets. He added, “Our plant is offline at the moment due to some technical issues while we will resume operations within a week starting from today. However, our deliveries will not be affected by the shutdown as we have sufficient stocks.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Upsurge continues to wreak havoc on Turkey’s PP, PE markets
- PVC rally roars back in Asia as supply worries mount
- China PP, PE markets join global rally after Lunar New Year holiday
- PE, PP and PVC supply crunch exacerbated on US absence, traditional trade flows upended
- European PP, PE markets set for 5th bullish month as shortage bites
- Turkey shattered as PP prices shoot up to surreal levels
- Polymer markets face one of most chaotic times
- Turnaround season set to get underway in Asia
- Crude oil heals COVID-inflicted wounds; now what lies ahead?
- Global shipping turmoil deepens, adding to the upheaval in plastic resins