Egypt's EPC reveals H2 Oct PVC offers to local market
EPC’s new PVC offers are reported at EGP17,700/ton ($997/ton) for PVC k67-68 and at EGP18,500/ton ($1042/ton) for k70, on ex-Alexandria, cash excluding VAT basis. The official exchange rate is used for the US dollar calculations.
The source reported that they had to step back on their initial October offers which indicated EGP200/ton increases. This was due to the global softening trend as well as stagnant demand both in the local and export markets. He added, “Our plant is offline at the moment due to some technical issues while we will resume operations within a week starting from today. However, our deliveries will not be affected by the shutdown as we have sufficient stocks.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China boosts polymer imports from US again despite shrinking overall imports in 2022
- Asian PVC prices cautiously rebound from more than 2-year lows
- Freight rates near pre-Covid levels as pace of normalization accelerates
- Bleak outlook for Q1 keeps European PP, PE buyers sidelined
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December