Egypt's EPC reveals Nov PVC offers for H1 to local market
EPC’s new PVC offers are reported at EGP17,000/ton ($963/ton) for PVC k67-68 and at EGP17,800/ton ($1008/ton) for k70, on ex-Alexandria, cash excluding VAT basis. The official exchange rate is used for the US dollar calculations.
The source reported that decreases came in line with the global softening trend and sluggish demand. He commented, “We trimmed our offers down to be able to improve our sales. Now that we applied cumulative discounts of around EGP1000/ton ($57/ton) since mid-October, we expect to see better demand in the days ahead. Furthermore, our plant is running at full rates and we are delivering smoothly to our customers.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Firming in China PE market stronger than PP since mid-June
- Asian ethylene, propylene falter on bearish crude and oversupply
- Oil plunge weighs on PET bottle sentiment in Asia, Europe
- ABS reverses losses after 8 weeks in Asia; will upturn be sustainable?
- Import delays support European PP suppliers in July
- Asian PET markets in limbo between high costs and tepid demand
- India PVC sentiment improves further despite lower Aug offers from Taiwan
- Asian ethylene, propylene prices remain bullish but caution lingers
- African PP, PE markets offer mixed bag for July
- European PVC suppliers seek hikes for 14th straight month in July