Egypt's EPC reveals initial PVC offers for Oct to local market
EPC’s new PVC offers are reported at EGP18,000/ton ($1018/ton) for PVC k67-68 and at EGP18,800/ton ($1064/ton) for k70, on ex-Alexandria, cash excluding VAT basis. The official exchange rate is used for the US dollar calculations.
The source reported that they elected to raise their offers in line with the firming global trend and higher upstream costs rather than good demand as it is mostly moderate amidst cash flow problems and poor end sales. He also said, “Our plant is running at full rates, but we are not under sales pressure this month as we are exporting.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years