Egypt’s EPC reveals mid-October PVC prices
A source from the producer stated that they are delivering smoothly to the market and that they hold adequate stock levels. The producer has not been exporting since April, but the source highlighted that they are planning to resume their export business as of November 1st. “At the moment, we are running our plant at full capacity,” he added.
Prior to EPC’s rollover, market players were anticipating decreases given weak demand and comfortable supply levels in the local market. Meanwhile, distributors’ locally held offers were slightly up by EGP50/ton ($7/ton) from the pre-holiday levels at EGP8850-9000/ton ($1125-1144/ton without VAT) on an ex-Egypt, cash including VAT basis before EPC’s announcement.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs
- Asian PVC players hold firm expectations for June