Egypt’s EPC shuts PVC plant again on feedstock shortage
The source also added, “We won’t reveal our mid-month prices until the plant starts running again. We may issue increases on our mid-month offers given the tight supply levels in the local market and the high prices.”
EPC introduced increases of EGP500/ton ($56/ton) on their PVC k67-68 and k70 prices for the first half of October. The producer currently offers at EGP10700/ton ($1205/ton) for k67-68 and at EGP10850/ton ($1222/ton) for k70 on ex-Alexandria, cash excluding VAT basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September