Egypt’s EPC starts 2015 with lower PVC prices
The producer offers k67-68 at EGP7000/ton ($982/ton) and k70 at EGP7150/ton ($1003/ton) on ex-Egypt, cash not inc VAT basis.
A source from the producer commented, “Overall demand is not performing well and the market is quiet due to the year-end holidays. At the moment, we are running our plant at full rates and we are delivering to the market without any problems. However, we are not planning to export any cargoes this month since other major global markets are also performing poorly."
A distributor who received the new prices from the producer said, “The market had already been expecting lower prices from EPC given steadily decreasing import US PVC offers.” However, the distributor also highlighted that most traders have sold out their import US materials and that offer levels have since started to firm up again given the limited availability.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September