Egypt’s EPC to resume VCM operations
A source from the producer reported yesterday that their VCM line is expected to be operational as of today. Prior to the shutdown, EPC had highlighted that their PVC deliveries would not be affected negatively by the VCM maintenance given their comfortable stocks.
“We restarted our VCM line and we are planning to reveal our February PVC prices as of next Thursday. We think that our prices may preserve their current levels for the first half of February since the import market appears to be stabilizing. No further declines are anticipated for over the short term,” added a source from the company.
EPC’s PVC k67-68 prices remain at EGP7000/ton ($946/ton) while their k70 prices are at EGP7150/ton ($966/ton) on ex-Alexandria, cash not including VAT basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Can LDPE uptrend hold in Asia?
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic