Egypt’s ETHYDCO, SIDPEC announce Jan PE prices to local market
ETHYDCO’s HDPE film and HDPE inj. offers were higher by EGP2400/ton ($153/ton) while HDPE b/m offers increased by EGP1900/ton ($121/ton) over December. LLDPE C4 film offers saw the largest monthly gain, increasing by around EGP2500/ton ($159/ton). The latest offers were at EGP20,400/ton ($1298/ton) for HDPE film, EGP19,900/ton ($1266/ton) for HDPE b/m and HDPE inj., and EGP19,300/ton ($1228/ton) LLDPE C4 film, all on ex-Alexandria, cash not including VAT.
“The gas supply issues continue and our plant is still operating at around 90% capacity”, a source close to ETHYDCO reported. The source also added that their new prices were largely in line with new price announcements from Saudi suppliers.
SIDPEC’s new offers for January were similarly higher by around EGP2400/ton ($152/ton) over December. These changes brought the latest prices to EGP20,400/ton ($1298/ton) for HDPE film, EGP20,500/ton ($1304/ton) for HDPE inj. and EGP20,600/ton ($1310/ton) for HDPE b/m, all on ex-Alexandria, cash not including VAT basis.
“Market players have accepted these new levels without much resistance, possibly as a result of shorter availability,” a source from SIDPEC said. “We are monitoring the global markets to see how long the market will remain firm amid the ongoing COVID-19, as well as the trend in Chinese markets,” the source said, adding that they were not planning to halt operations for a maintenance shutdown over the near-term.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PP, PE already back to 2020 lows in China; prices poised for further drops
- Local PE prices remain bearish, nearing multi-year lows across SE Asia
- European PP, PE buyers sideline ahead of further drops in June
- China’s April PE imports fall to around 1 million tons, lowest since 2018
- Vietnam’s polymer markets buckle under an influx of Chinese cargoes
- Divergence grows between Egypt’s import and local PP, PE markets
- PP markets in China, Vietnam hit 3-year lows, readying to test new lows
- African PE, PP markets extend slide into May
- Asian PS, ABS markets at 2½-3-year lows amid Chinese oversupply
- India’s Q1 PVC imports hit record-high; did buyers rush to stock up before expected restrictions?