Egypt’s ETHYDCO issues Jan HDPE prices, halts LLDPE deliveries
The producer is currently offering at EGP21,700/ton for ($1033/ton) for HDPE film, at EGP21,500/ton ($1023/ton) for HDPE blow moulding and at EGP19,500/ton ($928/ton) for HDPE injection , all on ex-Alexandria, cash excluding VAT basis. The official exchange rate is used for US dollar calculations.
"We had to increase our offers in order to cope with the stronger dollar parity. Buyers still prefer to meet their needs locally due to the halted import activities. This month, we are delivering HDPE film, b/m and inj. grades to the market and our deliveries are going normally. However, our LLDPE line is currently producing HDPE inj. and we will not be delivering any LLDPE cargoes as we have no stock left," reported the source.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers