Egypt’s ETHYDCO issues October LLDPE prices
The producer is currently offering at EGP15100-15400/ton ($1701-1735/ton) for LLDPE film grades on ex-Alexandria, cash excluding VAT basis. The official exchange rate is used for US dollar calculations.
Meanwhile, ETHYDCO started to give offers for MDPE grades. The producer’s new October MDPE film offers stand at EGP14700/ton ($1656/ton) with the same terms.
“We issued some increases on our October offers in line with the firming trend in the local market. Our cargoes are also seeing good demand from local customers. Local prices have witnessed some increases due to tight availability and recent increase on the VAT rates. In addition, high exchange rates are still hindering import activities. Our first line smoothly continues to produce LLDPE film grades and we shifted to produce MDPE grades at our second line, but we are yet to start our commercial production. We are planning to shift HDPE pipe (PE80) production, however we have not scheduled a date for this transition. Currently, our exports are performing well too,” commented the source.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures