Egypt’s ETHYDCO issues October LLDPE prices
The producer is currently offering at EGP15100-15400/ton ($1701-1735/ton) for LLDPE film grades on ex-Alexandria, cash excluding VAT basis. The official exchange rate is used for US dollar calculations.
Meanwhile, ETHYDCO started to give offers for MDPE grades. The producer’s new October MDPE film offers stand at EGP14700/ton ($1656/ton) with the same terms.
“We issued some increases on our October offers in line with the firming trend in the local market. Our cargoes are also seeing good demand from local customers. Local prices have witnessed some increases due to tight availability and recent increase on the VAT rates. In addition, high exchange rates are still hindering import activities. Our first line smoothly continues to produce LLDPE film grades and we shifted to produce MDPE grades at our second line, but we are yet to start our commercial production. We are planning to shift HDPE pipe (PE80) production, however we have not scheduled a date for this transition. Currently, our exports are performing well too,” commented the source.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand