Egypt’s ETHYDCO lowers PE offers for March
The producer elected to lower their local prices by EGP2400/ton ($148/ton) for LLLDPE film, by EGP500/ton ($31/ton) for HDPE film and EGP200/ton ($12/ton) for HDPE inj., bringing their new offers to EGP22600/ton ($1414/ton) for LLDPE film, to EGP21200/ton ($1326/ton) for HDPE film, to EGP21000/ton ($1314/ton) for b/m and to 20300/ton ($1270/ton) for HDPE inj., all on an ex-Alexandria, cash not including VAT basis. The official exchange rate is used for the US dollar calculations.
“We lowered our offers as prices dropped in the locally-held market from late January to late February amid the depreciating US dollar and we want preserve our competitive levels. In addition, demand remains slow and we are receiving limited inquires. We also have adequate stock levels and our deliveries will be smooth. Our operations at the plant are performing regularly. Our first line is currently producing LLDPE while our second line is producing HDPE pipe,” said the source.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures