Egypt’s ETHYDCO lowers PE offers for March
The producer elected to lower their local prices by EGP2400/ton ($148/ton) for LLLDPE film, by EGP500/ton ($31/ton) for HDPE film and EGP200/ton ($12/ton) for HDPE inj., bringing their new offers to EGP22600/ton ($1414/ton) for LLDPE film, to EGP21200/ton ($1326/ton) for HDPE film, to EGP21000/ton ($1314/ton) for b/m and to 20300/ton ($1270/ton) for HDPE inj., all on an ex-Alexandria, cash not including VAT basis. The official exchange rate is used for the US dollar calculations.
“We lowered our offers as prices dropped in the locally-held market from late January to late February amid the depreciating US dollar and we want preserve our competitive levels. In addition, demand remains slow and we are receiving limited inquires. We also have adequate stock levels and our deliveries will be smooth. Our operations at the plant are performing regularly. Our first line is currently producing LLDPE while our second line is producing HDPE pipe,” said the source.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years
- SEA cracker outages and lack of deep-sea cargoes underpin olefin prices in Asia
- US origin hammers import PVC prices into Asia
- China PE markets stay bearish with import prices below new thresholds