Egypt’s ETHYDCO reveals August PE prices
The producer elected to raise their local LLDPE film prices by EGP800/ton ($90/ton), bringing their new offers to EGP14600/ton ($1643/ton) on an ex-Alexandria, cash not including VAT basis. The official exchange rate is used for US dollar calculations.
The source stated, “The market is gaining ground on the back of the rising USD parity while demand is better for local products than imports given ongoing parity issues which hinder import activity significantly. We receive good response from our customers and we are planning to start exports soon.”
As for their operations, the source reported that their LLDPE/HDPE swing line is currently operating smoothly, adding that they are yet to determine a date for shifting the production line from LLDPE to HDPE.
“Meanwhile, we started test runs at our second line which is designed to producer HDPE grades only. However, the launch date is still unclear as we are still testing it,” he stated.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East