Egypt’s ETHYDCO reveals PE offers for December
Accordingly, the producer’s HDPE film offers were down by EGP200/ton ($11/ton) at EGP22,400/ton ($1255/ton) while its prices for other HDPE grades were mostly rolled over at EGP20,000/ton ($1121/ton) for HDPE inj., EGP23,000/ton ($1290/ton) for HDPE pipe natural and EGP21,200/ton ($1188/ton) for HDPE b/m. The producer applied larger decreases of EGP500/ton ($28/ton) on its LLDPE c4 film offers to bring them to EGP22,000/ton ($1233/ton), all on an ex-Alexandria, cash not including VAT basis. The official exchange rate is used for the US dollar calculations.
A producer source commented, “We are currently producing LLDPE in our first line and HDPE film in our second line. We will shift to produce HDPE b/m by mid-month. Still, we have good stocks to feed the market and our operating rates are normal.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- What propels PE prices higher in China?
- Vietnam PP, PE markets keep rising but some cautiousness remains
- Malaysia PP exports almost triple in February
- Spot ethylene markets rally on diminishing supply in Asia, Europe
- Will European PP markets change direction after 3 months?
- Turkish PP, PE players leaving market for holiday with firm post-Eid expectations
- June PVC hikes exceed expectations in Asia, sustainability under discussion
- Import PS, ABS markets recover amid upstream gains in Egypt
- PP, PE markets on a slight uptrend in Indonesia despite Ramadan lull
- European PE hovers around 11-year low, is reversal near?