Egypt’s ETHYDCO reveals PE offers for December
Accordingly, the producer’s HDPE film offers were down by EGP200/ton ($11/ton) at EGP22,400/ton ($1255/ton) while its prices for other HDPE grades were mostly rolled over at EGP20,000/ton ($1121/ton) for HDPE inj., EGP23,000/ton ($1290/ton) for HDPE pipe natural and EGP21,200/ton ($1188/ton) for HDPE b/m. The producer applied larger decreases of EGP500/ton ($28/ton) on its LLDPE c4 film offers to bring them to EGP22,000/ton ($1233/ton), all on an ex-Alexandria, cash not including VAT basis. The official exchange rate is used for the US dollar calculations.
A producer source commented, “We are currently producing LLDPE in our first line and HDPE film in our second line. We will shift to produce HDPE b/m by mid-month. Still, we have good stocks to feed the market and our operating rates are normal.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs
- Asian PVC players hold firm expectations for June
- May PP, PE offers to Mid-East, Africa remain stable to firm