Egypt’s ETHYDCO revises May PE offers down
ETHYDCO’s recent offers are currently standing at EGP23,500/ton ($1300/ton) for LLDPE film, EGP22,000/ton ($1216/ton) for HDPE film, and at EGP21,500/ton ($1188/ton) for b/m , all on an ex-Alexandria, cash not including VAT basis. The official exchange rate is used for the US dollar calculations.
“Demand is slow and buying interest is thin, therefore we adjusted our offers down in order to preserve our competitiveness in the market. Meanwhile, our operations are going smoothly ," added the source.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tight supply supports SEA import PP market at 5-year highs
- Asian PS, ABS markets shoot up on production upsets, soaring styrene
- Upsurge continues to wreak havoc on Turkey’s PP, PE markets
- PVC rally roars back in Asia as supply worries mount
- China PP, PE markets join global rally after Lunar New Year holiday
- PE, PP and PVC supply crunch exacerbated on US absence, traditional trade flows upended
- European PP, PE markets set for 5th bullish month as shortage bites
- Turkey shattered as PP prices shoot up to surreal levels
- Polymer markets face one of most chaotic times
- Turnaround season set to get underway in Asia