Egypt’s ETHYDCO revises May PE offers down
ETHYDCO’s recent offers are currently standing at EGP23,500/ton ($1300/ton) for LLDPE film, EGP22,000/ton ($1216/ton) for HDPE film, and at EGP21,500/ton ($1188/ton) for b/m , all on an ex-Alexandria, cash not including VAT basis. The official exchange rate is used for the US dollar calculations.
“Demand is slow and buying interest is thin, therefore we adjusted our offers down in order to preserve our competitiveness in the market. Meanwhile, our operations are going smoothly ," added the source.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand
- Taiwanese major hikes Aug PVC offers to Asia as limited availability outweighs monsoon effect
- East African PP, PE markets on rise for July but deals still scarce