Egypt’s ETHYDCO starts commercial production at HDPE line
The source stated, “We started our HDPE deliveries to the local market after receiving good response from our customers. Our prices are found to be competitive, as well. Operations are smooth at both of our lines. Meanwhile, we are yet to determine a date for shifting the production line from LLDPE to HDPE at the swing line.”
As for their export plans, the source said that they have already made a deal with a distribution company. “We will start exporting our output once the required procedures are done while we expect to export our cargoes within this month,” he added.
ETHYDCO has 460,000 tons/year ethylene and 400,000 tons/year integrated PE capacity. The producer’s PE plant houses two production lines: a 200,000 tons/year HDPE/LLDPE swing line and a 200,000 tons/year HDPE line.
According to the source, the producer’s PE offers currently stand at EGP14600/ton ($1644/ton) for LLDPE film and at EGP13900/ton ($1565/ton) for HDPE film on an ex-Alexandria, cash not including VAT basis. The official exchange rate is used for US dollar calculations.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years