Egypt’s ETHYDCO starts commercial production at HDPE line
The source stated, “We started our HDPE deliveries to the local market after receiving good response from our customers. Our prices are found to be competitive, as well. Operations are smooth at both of our lines. Meanwhile, we are yet to determine a date for shifting the production line from LLDPE to HDPE at the swing line.”
As for their export plans, the source said that they have already made a deal with a distribution company. “We will start exporting our output once the required procedures are done while we expect to export our cargoes within this month,” he added.
ETHYDCO has 460,000 tons/year ethylene and 400,000 tons/year integrated PE capacity. The producer’s PE plant houses two production lines: a 200,000 tons/year HDPE/LLDPE swing line and a 200,000 tons/year HDPE line.
According to the source, the producer’s PE offers currently stand at EGP14600/ton ($1644/ton) for LLDPE film and at EGP13900/ton ($1565/ton) for HDPE film on an ex-Alexandria, cash not including VAT basis. The official exchange rate is used for US dollar calculations.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Premium of HDPE over LLDPE hits 16-month high in Turkey
- Post-holiday hikes carry China homo-PP market to 1-year high
- Asia PVC markets see longest rising streak ever on extreme tightness
- Africa polymers: October offers higher amid reduced availability
- Stable to softer PE trend prevails in Europe amid soft demand, poor netbacks
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets move up, but riddled with uncertainties
- India, SEA PVC markets unlikely to take respite from bullish run for November
- Southeast Asia PET markets move sideways during China’s absence
- Egypt’s import PE market up on tight supply, domestic offers follow suit
- Will European PS, ABS track divergent paths for another month?