Egypt’s ETHYDCO starts commercial production at HDPE line
The source stated, “We started our HDPE deliveries to the local market after receiving good response from our customers. Our prices are found to be competitive, as well. Operations are smooth at both of our lines. Meanwhile, we are yet to determine a date for shifting the production line from LLDPE to HDPE at the swing line.”
As for their export plans, the source said that they have already made a deal with a distribution company. “We will start exporting our output once the required procedures are done while we expect to export our cargoes within this month,” he added.
ETHYDCO has 460,000 tons/year ethylene and 400,000 tons/year integrated PE capacity. The producer’s PE plant houses two production lines: a 200,000 tons/year HDPE/LLDPE swing line and a 200,000 tons/year HDPE line.
According to the source, the producer’s PE offers currently stand at EGP14600/ton ($1644/ton) for LLDPE film and at EGP13900/ton ($1565/ton) for HDPE film on an ex-Alexandria, cash not including VAT basis. The official exchange rate is used for US dollar calculations.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Southeast Asian PVC markets supported by Indian demand
- Gradually returning demand offers glimmer of hope in polymer markets
- What propels PE prices higher in China?
- Vietnam PP, PE markets keep rising but some cautiousness remains
- Spot ethylene markets rally on diminishing supply in Asia, Europe
- Will European PP markets change direction after 3 months?
- Turkish PP, PE players leaving market for holiday with firm post-Eid expectations
- June PVC hikes exceed expectations in Asia, sustainability under discussion
- Import PS, ABS markets recover amid upstream gains in Egypt
- PP, PE markets on a slight uptrend in Indonesia despite Ramadan lull