Egypt’s ETHYDCO starts commercial production at HDPE line
The source stated, “We started our HDPE deliveries to the local market after receiving good response from our customers. Our prices are found to be competitive, as well. Operations are smooth at both of our lines. Meanwhile, we are yet to determine a date for shifting the production line from LLDPE to HDPE at the swing line.”
As for their export plans, the source said that they have already made a deal with a distribution company. “We will start exporting our output once the required procedures are done while we expect to export our cargoes within this month,” he added.
ETHYDCO has 460,000 tons/year ethylene and 400,000 tons/year integrated PE capacity. The producer’s PE plant houses two production lines: a 200,000 tons/year HDPE/LLDPE swing line and a 200,000 tons/year HDPE line.
According to the source, the producer’s PE offers currently stand at EGP14600/ton ($1644/ton) for LLDPE film and at EGP13900/ton ($1565/ton) for HDPE film on an ex-Alexandria, cash not including VAT basis. The official exchange rate is used for US dollar calculations.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Lackluster demand, lower costs drag Asia PET markets down
- Small rally in Vietnamese local PP, PE markets proves short-lived
- Softer expectations take hold of Europe’s PE market for November
- Asia PS, ABS markets under pressure from multi-year low styrene
- US PE exports to continue to dominate Q4 market outlook
- Taiwanese major sells out Nov PVC quota to India ahead of Diwali
- Will Asian spot ethylene markets pull back from 10-year lows?
- October hikes prove short-lived in Europe’s PP market
- Firming PE trend stumbles, medium-term expectations stifled in Turkey
- PET prices fail to rebound from near 3-year low in Asia, Europe