Egypt’s ETHYDCO to start ethylene production
A source from the company told ChemOrbis that if the start up cannot be materialized as of mid-March, it should take place by the beginning of April at the latest. Previously, ETHYDCO had announced that they were to start producing ethylene by the end of first quarter of 2016.
The producer, whose cracker will have an ethylene capacity of 460,000 tons/year, still has not set a specific start up date for their PE production. However, they continue to mull over the date as of the second quarter of 2016 or the beginning of the third quarter. ETHYDCO’S new cracker’s integrated PE plant will have a production capacity of 400,000 tons/year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China boosts polymer imports from US again despite shrinking overall imports in 2022
- Asian PVC prices cautiously rebound from more than 2-year lows
- Freight rates near pre-Covid levels as pace of normalization accelerates
- Bleak outlook for Q1 keeps European PP, PE buyers sidelined
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December