Egypt’s ETHYDO shifts to producing HDPE blow moulding
“We have started the trial production and we are yet to gauge the acceptance of our cargoes among our customers and receive their feedback before starting the official commercial production. We might start the commercial production by the upcoming month and we are yet to determine our new prices. Meanwhile, we have sufficient HDPE film cargoes to supply to the market and our deliveries are going smoothly," the source added.
The producer is currently offering at EGP17000/ton ($1914/ton) for LLDPE film grades on ex-Alexandria, cash excluding VAT basis. The official exchange rate is used for US dollar calculations.
In early November, ETHYDCO started to give offers for HDPE grades again. The producer’s new list prices for HDPE offers stand at EGP16500/ton ($1644/ton) for HDPE film and at EGP16700-17250/ton ($1664-1719/ton) for HDPE pipe (PE 80 and PE 100) with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Taiwanese major poised to come lower for a 3rd month to Asian PVC markets
- Covid concerns loom large in China, hitting demand and supply-chain
- Egypt’s PVC markets extend drops into January
- SE Asian PP, PE markets look for direction amid tepid demand, rising freights
- European PS, ABS markets open 2022 on firm footing
- Asia PET prices extend gains into January
- China’s PVC exports hit records in 2021; challenge global suppliers
- Stats: Turkey’s PP, PE imports on track for record-setting year
- What to watch in 2022 in polymer markets?
- Turkey’s PE markets retain downtrend as 2021 ends