Egypt’s ETHYDO shifts to producing HDPE blow moulding
“We have started the trial production and we are yet to gauge the acceptance of our cargoes among our customers and receive their feedback before starting the official commercial production. We might start the commercial production by the upcoming month and we are yet to determine our new prices. Meanwhile, we have sufficient HDPE film cargoes to supply to the market and our deliveries are going smoothly," the source added.
The producer is currently offering at EGP17000/ton ($1914/ton) for LLDPE film grades on ex-Alexandria, cash excluding VAT basis. The official exchange rate is used for US dollar calculations.
In early November, ETHYDCO started to give offers for HDPE grades again. The producer’s new list prices for HDPE offers stand at EGP16500/ton ($1644/ton) for HDPE film and at EGP16700-17250/ton ($1664-1719/ton) for HDPE pipe (PE 80 and PE 100) with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets
- European PVC producers ungenerous in Turkey: Prices up 21% in a month