Egypt’s ETHYDO shifts to producing HDPE blow moulding
“We have started the trial production and we are yet to gauge the acceptance of our cargoes among our customers and receive their feedback before starting the official commercial production. We might start the commercial production by the upcoming month and we are yet to determine our new prices. Meanwhile, we have sufficient HDPE film cargoes to supply to the market and our deliveries are going smoothly," the source added.
The producer is currently offering at EGP17000/ton ($1914/ton) for LLDPE film grades on ex-Alexandria, cash excluding VAT basis. The official exchange rate is used for US dollar calculations.
In early November, ETHYDCO started to give offers for HDPE grades again. The producer’s new list prices for HDPE offers stand at EGP16500/ton ($1644/ton) for HDPE film and at EGP16700-17250/ton ($1664-1719/ton) for HDPE pipe (PE 80 and PE 100) with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand
- Asian spot naphtha prices pull back from multi-month highs