Egypt’s ETHYDO shifts to producing HDPE blow moulding
“We have started the trial production and we are yet to gauge the acceptance of our cargoes among our customers and receive their feedback before starting the official commercial production. We might start the commercial production by the upcoming month and we are yet to determine our new prices. Meanwhile, we have sufficient HDPE film cargoes to supply to the market and our deliveries are going smoothly," the source added.
The producer is currently offering at EGP17000/ton ($1914/ton) for LLDPE film grades on ex-Alexandria, cash excluding VAT basis. The official exchange rate is used for US dollar calculations.
In early November, ETHYDCO started to give offers for HDPE grades again. The producer’s new list prices for HDPE offers stand at EGP16500/ton ($1644/ton) for HDPE film and at EGP16700-17250/ton ($1664-1719/ton) for HDPE pipe (PE 80 and PE 100) with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey shattered as PP prices shoot up to surreal levels
- Polymer markets face one of most chaotic times
- Turnaround season set to get underway in Asia
- Crude oil heals COVID-inflicted wounds; now what lies ahead?
- Global shipping turmoil deepens, adding to the upheaval in plastic resins
- China’s post-holiday polymer outlook supported by supply limitations, crude oil
- US PE exports hit record high for 2020 despite production and logistics hurdles
- African PP, PE markets firmer on continued tightness in supplies
- Lack of sales pressure supports SEA PE markets
- Will soaring prices attract PP, PE imports to Europe?