Egypt’s HDPE and PVC producers issue August prices
SIDPEC, in line with expectancies, lowered their August prices by EGP700/ton ($89/ton) for all HDPE products. The producer offers HDPE film at EGP12100/ton ($1545/ton), HDPE b/m at EGP12200/ton ($1558/ton) and HDPE injection at EGP12000-12200/ton ($1532-1558/ton) on ex-Alexandria, cash not inc VAT basis.
A source from the producer commented, “We took the slow market conditions and comfortable stock levels into consideration when issuing decreases. Supply exceeds the current demand, but we anticipate buying interest to improve over the near term. We are operating and delivering without any problems.”
Meanwhile, in the PVC market, one of the local producers, EPC, rolled over their prices at EGP7450/ton ($951/ton) for PVC k67-68 and at EGP7600/ton ($971/ton) for PVC k70 on ex-Alexandria, cash not inc VAT basis.
A source from the producer said, “We rolled over our PVC prices in line with the globally stagnant PVC trend. In spite of the slow demand, both import PVC offers and distribution market prices are tracking a more or less stable trend.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount