Egypt’s HDPE and PVC producers issue August prices
SIDPEC, in line with expectancies, lowered their August prices by EGP700/ton ($89/ton) for all HDPE products. The producer offers HDPE film at EGP12100/ton ($1545/ton), HDPE b/m at EGP12200/ton ($1558/ton) and HDPE injection at EGP12000-12200/ton ($1532-1558/ton) on ex-Alexandria, cash not inc VAT basis.
A source from the producer commented, “We took the slow market conditions and comfortable stock levels into consideration when issuing decreases. Supply exceeds the current demand, but we anticipate buying interest to improve over the near term. We are operating and delivering without any problems.”
Meanwhile, in the PVC market, one of the local producers, EPC, rolled over their prices at EGP7450/ton ($951/ton) for PVC k67-68 and at EGP7600/ton ($971/ton) for PVC k70 on ex-Alexandria, cash not inc VAT basis.
A source from the producer said, “We rolled over our PVC prices in line with the globally stagnant PVC trend. In spite of the slow demand, both import PVC offers and distribution market prices are tracking a more or less stable trend.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally