Egypt’s OPC: We have sufficient PP supplies
The source continued, “We have been operating our plant since September 15, 2015 and we experience no supply issues at all. Our deliveries are proceeding without any problems and we are running our plant at full capacity. 50% of our production goes to the local market and the rest of our production goes to export destinations, which include 11 different international markets. Regarding our December prices, we are most likely to announce them next week.”
In the local market, distributors’ offers for Egyptian PP raffia cargoes stand at EGP11200-11400/ton ($1300-1324/ton w/o VAT) on ex-Egypt, cash inc VAT basis, recording up to EGP500/ton ($64/ton) decreases on the week.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Shipping costs show no sign of abating yet
- PP, PE gains extend into April but demand slips further in Africa
- Triple-digit hikes send Europe’s PP market to fresh all-time highs
- Turkey’s PET markets extend drops into April, pervaded by weak demand
- US PVC offers resurface at competitive levels in Egypt, Turkey
- China import PE prices extend losses into April on lower costs
- Bullish price environment continues in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Unexpected plant shutdown fails to cease local PP downturn in Indonesia
- Export PVC prices out of China provide competitive edge
- European PP, PE set for 6th bullish month, is peak near?