Egypt’s OPC: We have sufficient PP supplies
The source continued, “We have been operating our plant since September 15, 2015 and we experience no supply issues at all. Our deliveries are proceeding without any problems and we are running our plant at full capacity. 50% of our production goes to the local market and the rest of our production goes to export destinations, which include 11 different international markets. Regarding our December prices, we are most likely to announce them next week.”
In the local market, distributors’ offers for Egyptian PP raffia cargoes stand at EGP11200-11400/ton ($1300-1324/ton w/o VAT) on ex-Egypt, cash inc VAT basis, recording up to EGP500/ton ($64/ton) decreases on the week.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem