Egypt’s OPC declares December PP raffia prices
A source from the company commented, “We elected to decrease our offer levels by EGP1000-1200/ton for December. We believe that offering in local currency term is helping us to achieve better sales since buyers are trying to avoid the higher exchange rates and prefer to purchase on local currency terms.” The source also added that their plant is currently working at full capacity and that they are giving priority to supply the local market’s needs rather than the export market.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Shipping costs show no sign of abating yet
- PP, PE gains extend into April but demand slips further in Africa
- Triple-digit hikes send Europe’s PP market to fresh all-time highs
- Turkey’s PET markets extend drops into April, pervaded by weak demand
- US PVC offers resurface at competitive levels in Egypt, Turkey
- China import PE prices extend losses into April on lower costs
- Bullish price environment continues in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Unexpected plant shutdown fails to cease local PP downturn in Indonesia
- Export PVC prices out of China provide competitive edge
- European PP, PE set for 6th bullish month, is peak near?