Egypt’s OPC denies weekly price announcement talks
The source commented, “We heard from the market that we have started to announce our PP prices on a weekly basis. However, these talks do not reflect the truth as we continue to announce our prices at the beginning of each month and maintain our levels during the month as usual.”
In the meantime, the source also highlighted that their March quotas are limited to their current obligations. “We continue to export our cargoes as well as supplying our domestic customers whom we have contracts with. Therefore, we have no additional quotas to supply to local customers with no contractual obligations,” he added.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem