Egypt’s OPC denies weekly price announcement talks
The source commented, “We heard from the market that we have started to announce our PP prices on a weekly basis. However, these talks do not reflect the truth as we continue to announce our prices at the beginning of each month and maintain our levels during the month as usual.”
In the meantime, the source also highlighted that their March quotas are limited to their current obligations. “We continue to export our cargoes as well as supplying our domestic customers whom we have contracts with. Therefore, we have no additional quotas to supply to local customers with no contractual obligations,” he added.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian ethylene-naphtha spread at almost 7-year low
- European PVC defies global uptrend
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets at a standstill amid lingering downturn
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand