Egypt’s OPC denies weekly price announcement talks
The source commented, “We heard from the market that we have started to announce our PP prices on a weekly basis. However, these talks do not reflect the truth as we continue to announce our prices at the beginning of each month and maintain our levels during the month as usual.”
In the meantime, the source also highlighted that their March quotas are limited to their current obligations. “We continue to export our cargoes as well as supplying our domestic customers whom we have contracts with. Therefore, we have no additional quotas to supply to local customers with no contractual obligations,” he added.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers