Egypt’s PET producer EIPET: No restart on the horizon
“We are expecting prices to track a stable to firmer trend in the upcoming months given the approaching high summer season. However, our plant is still shut and we have no plans to restart over the near term. We still have a little bit of a stock left and we deliver to the market from our inventories,” he added.
EIPET had halted their operations in the first week of May 2015 and initially hinted that they might resume their operations by the end of 2015. However, these plans did not materialize since the producer later on revealed that the restart would not take place before 2016 and even by then, they needed consider the market conditions.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets