Egypt’s PET producer EIPET: No restart on the horizon
“We are expecting prices to track a stable to firmer trend in the upcoming months given the approaching high summer season. However, our plant is still shut and we have no plans to restart over the near term. We still have a little bit of a stock left and we deliver to the market from our inventories,” he added.
EIPET had halted their operations in the first week of May 2015 and initially hinted that they might resume their operations by the end of 2015. However, these plans did not materialize since the producer later on revealed that the restart would not take place before 2016 and even by then, they needed consider the market conditions.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China’s PET markets extend rebound on firmer costs
- Asian ethylene-naphtha spread at almost 7-year low
- European PVC defies global uptrend
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets at a standstill amid lingering downturn
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high