Egypt’s PET producer EIPET: No restart on the horizon
“We are expecting prices to track a stable to firmer trend in the upcoming months given the approaching high summer season. However, our plant is still shut and we have no plans to restart over the near term. We still have a little bit of a stock left and we deliver to the market from our inventories,” he added.
EIPET had halted their operations in the first week of May 2015 and initially hinted that they might resume their operations by the end of 2015. However, these plans did not materialize since the producer later on revealed that the restart would not take place before 2016 and even by then, they needed consider the market conditions.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe