Egypt’s PP, PE markets start November on firm footing
A major Saudi producer announced increases ranging between $50/ton to 100/ton for PE grades while PP grades were higher by around $30-40/ton over October. These changes brought the major producer’s offers to $1000-1010/ton for PPH raffia and inj., $1060-1080/ton for PPBC inj., $1110-1140/ton for PPRC inj., $1030-1040/ton for PPH film and PPH fibre, $1170-1190/ton for LDPE film, $980-1000/ton for LLDPE C4 film and $1020-1040/ton for HDPE film and HDPE inj., $1030-1050/ton for HDPE b/m, all on CIF Egypt, 90 days.
Another Saudi producer opted for $70-90/ton increases for LDPE film and LLDPE C4 film offers, citing tighter availability. The producer’s latest offers were at $1130/ton for LDPE film and $1000/ton for LLDPE C4 film, all on CIF Egypt, 90 days.
A similar trend was observed in offers from a different Middle Eastern supplier, with increases of $20-40/ton for PP and $40-70/ton for PE. News offers were at $1020-1040/ton for PPH raffia and inj., $1080-1100/ton for PPBC inj., $1110-1130/ton for PPRC inj., $1100-1120/ton for LDPE film, $1000-1020/ton for LLDPE C4 film and $1020for HDPE film, $1010-1020/ton HDPE inj., and $1020-1030/ton for HDPE b/m, all on CIF Egypt, 90 days.
In addition, another Middle Eastern trader reported concluding deals at largely higher levels from October. The levels were notably higher by $100/ton for LDPE film and by $50/ton for LLDPE C4 film. A mixture of rollovers to $10-20/ton increases was seen in deals for HDPE grades. Accordingly, deals were reported at $1100-1120/ton for LDPE film, $960/ton for LLDPE C4 film and HDPE film, $950/ton for HDPE inj. and $940/ton for HDPE b/m, all on CIF Egypt, 90 days.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets
- European PP, PE markets open 2023 with renewed drops
- Tight supply keeps expectations bullish in Turkey’s PVC market
- End of China’s ‘zero-COVID’ stance: Double-edged sword for Asia PVC, PP and PE markets
- Mid-Eastern sellers approach China, SE Asia and Turkey with firmer PP, PE prices for Jan
- Egypt’s local PE, PP markets head north as pound plunges to new low
- Styrenics markets reverse slump after months-long downtrend in Europe