Egypt’s PS producer issues August prices
The producer’s new GPPS offers are at $1420-1470/ton ex-warehouse Dekheila, cash basis. Prices at the low end are reportedly for quantities of 120 tons or more.
The source added, “Our plant is still closed due to the styrene monomer issue and we may remain closed for the next three months, but we have enough stocks to cover the period. We’re also exporting our materials, but demand from Europe is weak because of summer holidays during August and so, the market remains slow.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Are record-high PVC prices the new normal amid enduring pandemic?
- European PVC up for 16th month in Sept, prices touch new highs
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets rise on tightness in September
- Logistics snarls propel import PP, PE offers higher in Europe
- Import PVC prices near all-time highs in India, disparity with China/SEA grows
- PP, PE supplies rise in China; demand lags behind expectations despite peak season
- Stats: China’s July PE imports increase after 3 months of declines
- Will Asia’s PS markets follow ABS higher on cost support?
- Sept PET expectations diverge in shade of opposite factors in Europe
- Tightness keeps European PVC firm; projections for Sept voiced