Egypt’s PVC producer issues new Oct. prices
The producer now offers k67-68 at EGP7100/ton ($907/ton) and k70 at EGP7250/ton ($926/ton) on an ex-Alexandria, cash not including VAT basis.
A source from the producer commented, “We lifted our prices in line with improved demand in the local market since most players have been avoiding importing PVC given the new regulations at customs as well as increasing prices for US cargoes. Many prefer to meet their needs locally and we run our plant at full capacity. Regarding exports, we are not planning to export any cargoes this month as we are able to obtain better margins in our own local market. Meanwhile, players seem to accept our increase amount since it is found reasonable.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount
- Bearish trend persists in July for PP, PE in Mid-East, Africa
- Vietnam’s PE market sees first hike attempts after two months