Egypt’s PVC producers reveal mid-May offers
A source from EPC noted, “We still have not managed to build up stocks following our restart and we continue to deliver from our daily production. Demand is slowly improving and therefore, we elected to keep our prices unchanged. We are running our plant at full capacity.” According to the source, some of their customers are experiencing liquidity issues but he added that they have not felt any issues so far. The producer offers k67-68 at EGP8000/ton ($1049/ton) and k70 at EGP8150/ton ($1069/ton) on ex-Egypt, cash inc VAT basis.
Meanwhile, TCI Sanmar, too, kept their k67-68 prices unchanged at EGP8850/ton ($1055/ton w/o VAT) on ex-Port Said, cash inc VAT basis. “Given the decreasing import prices and steady PVC demand, we kept our prices unchanged. At the moment, we are running our plant at normal rates and we deliver without any problems both to the local and export markets,” he added.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops