Egypt’s SIDPEC: We deliver HDPE from daily production
“Even though demand is good, we are not operating at full capacity at our plant due to ethane gas tightness. Our plant is currently running at 85% capacity but we are planning to increase the production rates as of next week, early March. At the moment, we can deliver all HDPE grades but our HDPE blow moulding deliveries are slightly limited since our HDPE film/ blow moulding swing line is set to produce HDPE film this week. Regarding demand, we see healthy buying interest and we anticipate demand to improve further in the coming weeks. Meanwhile, for our March announcements, we are still monitoring the global market in order to make our decision.”
For February, SIDPEC had issued rollovers on their HDPE prices. The producer’s HDPE offers were steady at EGP10500/ton ($1341/ton) for film, at EGP11000/ton ($1405/ton) for b/m and at EGP11000-11500/ton ($1405-1469/ton) for injection on an ex-Alexandria, 60 days deferred payment excluding VAT basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years