Egypt’s SIDPEC announces Dec HDPE offers
The producer increased its HDPE film and b/m offers by EGP1800/ton ($101/ton) while its HDPE injection prices indicate increases of EGP1800-2000/ton ($101-112//ton) from November.
“We had to increase our offers as our costs have increased due to the firming US dollar parity. However, we did not issue larger increases as we are trying to help our customers overcome the unfavorable market conditions. There is still healthy demand for our cargoes while the plant is operating at full rates now. This week we are delivering HDPE b/m from our HDPE film and b/m swing line,” reported the producer source.
SIDPEC’s November HDPE prices currently stand at EGP18400/ton ($1030/ton) for film, at EGP18500/ton ($1035/ton) for blow moulding and at EGP17500-18200/ton ($979-1018/ton) for injection, all on ex-Alexandria, 60 days deferred payment excluding VAT basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey shattered as PP prices shoot up to surreal levels
- Polymer markets face one of most chaotic times
- Turnaround season set to get underway in Asia
- Crude oil heals COVID-inflicted wounds; now what lies ahead?
- Global shipping turmoil deepens, adding to the upheaval in plastic resins
- China’s post-holiday polymer outlook supported by supply limitations, crude oil
- US PE exports hit record high for 2020 despite production and logistics hurdles
- African PP, PE markets firmer on continued tightness in supplies
- Lack of sales pressure supports SEA PE markets
- Will soaring prices attract PP, PE imports to Europe?