Egypt’s SIDPEC announces Dec HDPE offers
The producer increased its HDPE film and b/m offers by EGP1800/ton ($101/ton) while its HDPE injection prices indicate increases of EGP1800-2000/ton ($101-112//ton) from November.
“We had to increase our offers as our costs have increased due to the firming US dollar parity. However, we did not issue larger increases as we are trying to help our customers overcome the unfavorable market conditions. There is still healthy demand for our cargoes while the plant is operating at full rates now. This week we are delivering HDPE b/m from our HDPE film and b/m swing line,” reported the producer source.
SIDPEC’s November HDPE prices currently stand at EGP18400/ton ($1030/ton) for film, at EGP18500/ton ($1035/ton) for blow moulding and at EGP17500-18200/ton ($979-1018/ton) for injection, all on ex-Alexandria, 60 days deferred payment excluding VAT basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PP, PE rally wavers in Türkiye; March outlook under discussion
- Crude oil prices seesaw on geopolitics and ebbing demand
- China’s local PP markets return on a cautiously firm note, defying weak fundamentals
- Mid-Eastern PP, PE markets rise in February after three months of weakness
- Stats: China’s 2023 PE imports snap two-year downfall despite rapidly growing domestic capacities
- PE rally loses momentum on subsiding demand in Türkiye
- PVC prices flat for 2nd straight month in Italy and West Europe
- Freight rates snap rally, Red Sea crisis keeps decreases in check
- Worsening dollar shortage pushes Egypt’s local PP, PE prices to never-before-seen highs
- Stats: US PE exports hit a renewed record in 2023, sales to China boom