Egypt’s SIDPEC announces December PE prices
Accordingly, SIDPEC’s December offers are reported at EGP22,100/ton ($1248/ton) for HDPE blow molding, EGP22,000/ton ($1242/ton) for HDPE film and EGP21,900/ton ($1236/ton) for injection, all on ex-Alexandria, 60 days deferred payment excluding VAT basis.
A producer source reported that they issued decreases in line with the slow trading activities. The source commented, “The overall market sentiment is sluggish and we aim to encourage our customers to source more to improve our sales. In a further attempt to boost our sales, we offered additional discounts of EGP400/ton ($23/ton) for our customers, who will commit to purchase the entire monthly amounts written in their contracts.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP market starts to stabilize, will other polymers follow suit?
- Asian ethylene and propylene slide into steeper backwardation on demand, oversupply
- China PP, PE markets on nearly 3-month losing streak amid scant demand
- June PP, PE prices drop further on weakened activities in Egypt
- Europe’s PS, ABS markets come off peaks on plunging costs
- Asian polymer markets unfazed by crude oil rally
- India’s polymer demand slowly heals pandemic-inflicted wounds
- LDPE faces a tougher slog in Asia, Europe still on a tear
- Weakness extends to June in Saudi Arabian PP, PE markets
- European PP signals stabilization after 7 months of hikes