Egypt’s SIDPEC announces December PE prices
Accordingly, SIDPEC’s December offers are reported at EGP22,100/ton ($1248/ton) for HDPE blow molding, EGP22,000/ton ($1242/ton) for HDPE film and EGP21,900/ton ($1236/ton) for injection, all on ex-Alexandria, 60 days deferred payment excluding VAT basis.
A producer source reported that they issued decreases in line with the slow trading activities. The source commented, “The overall market sentiment is sluggish and we aim to encourage our customers to source more to improve our sales. In a further attempt to boost our sales, we offered additional discounts of EGP400/ton ($23/ton) for our customers, who will commit to purchase the entire monthly amounts written in their contracts.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets
- European PP, PE markets open 2023 with renewed drops
- Tight supply keeps expectations bullish in Turkey’s PVC market
- End of China’s ‘zero-COVID’ stance: Double-edged sword for Asia PVC, PP and PE markets
- Mid-Eastern sellers approach China, SE Asia and Turkey with firmer PP, PE prices for Jan
- Egypt’s local PE, PP markets head north as pound plunges to new low
- Styrenics markets reverse slump after months-long downtrend in Europe