Egypt’s SIDPEC halts deliveries to market on plant issue
“We are planning to restart our plant on January 29 and we will resume delivering to the market normally once the plant restarted its operations. Regarding the market direction in February, we are expecting the upward trend to remain in place as the new announcements will indicate higher levels from January,” said the source.
SIDPEC’s January HDPE prices currently stand at EGP21200/ton ($1116/ton) for film, at EGP21500/ton ($1132/ton) for blow moulding and at EGP21000/ton ($1106/ton) for injection, all on ex-Alexandria, 60 days deferred payment excluding VAT basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September