Egypt’s SIDPEC halts deliveries to market on plant issue
“We are planning to restart our plant on January 29 and we will resume delivering to the market normally once the plant restarted its operations. Regarding the market direction in February, we are expecting the upward trend to remain in place as the new announcements will indicate higher levels from January,” said the source.
SIDPEC’s January HDPE prices currently stand at EGP21200/ton ($1116/ton) for film, at EGP21500/ton ($1132/ton) for blow moulding and at EGP21000/ton ($1106/ton) for injection, all on ex-Alexandria, 60 days deferred payment excluding VAT basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years