Egypt’s SIDPEC issues April HDPE prices
Now, the producer offers HDPE film at EGP12400/ton ($1396/ton), HDPE blow moulding at EGP12500/ton ($1408/ton) and HDPE injection at EGP12900-13400/ton ($1453-1509/ton) on ex-Alexandria, 60 days deferred payment excluding VAT basis.
A source from the producer commented, “We had to respond to the increasing import market levels as a result of the firmer global trend. Therefore, we lifted our April offer levels. Regarding our operations, we are currently running our plant at 50% capacity since our HDPE injection production line is currently shut for maintenance. Plus, we are still not able to obtain sufficient ethane gas supplies in order to be able to produce at full capacity. Although our ethane gas provider told us they would provide gas as of April 6, we are still not very sure about this. So, we cannot determine a certain restart date for our HDPE injection line. At the moment, our priority is to meet our contractual obligations and then, may be around mid-April, we might start exporting although this decision is still not set. Currently, we are delivering HDPE blow moulding cargoes, but we are not able to supply HDPE injection grade to the market given our lack of stocks.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months