Egypt’s SIDPEC issues July HDPE prices
A source from the producer attributed their hike decision to firmer ethylene costs as well as improved demand in China, commenting, “We are also expecting demand to improve after the Eid holidays in Egypt as most converters didn’t make any purchases beyond their urgent needs during the Ramadan month. This week, we are planning to deliver HDPE inj. and film grades since our HDPE film/blow moulding swing line is set to produce HDPE film.”
Meanwhile, the source also stated that they haven’t decided on their annual maintenance date yet. “We were initially planning to shut our plant in October for annual turnaround. However, this is not our final decision as we need to make a joint resolution with EPC,” he further added.
SIDPEC’s new offers stand at EGP13200/ton ($1489/ton) for HDPE film, at EGP13300/ton ($1500/ton) for HPDE b/m and at EGP12900-13500/ton ($1455-1523/ton) for HDPE injection, all on an ex-Egypt, 60 days deferred payment basis excluding VAT.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand
- Taiwanese major hikes Aug PVC offers to Asia as limited availability outweighs monsoon effect