Egypt’s SIDPEC issues July HDPE prices
A source from the producer attributed their hike decision to firmer ethylene costs as well as improved demand in China, commenting, “We are also expecting demand to improve after the Eid holidays in Egypt as most converters didn’t make any purchases beyond their urgent needs during the Ramadan month. This week, we are planning to deliver HDPE inj. and film grades since our HDPE film/blow moulding swing line is set to produce HDPE film.”
Meanwhile, the source also stated that they haven’t decided on their annual maintenance date yet. “We were initially planning to shut our plant in October for annual turnaround. However, this is not our final decision as we need to make a joint resolution with EPC,” he further added.
SIDPEC’s new offers stand at EGP13200/ton ($1489/ton) for HDPE film, at EGP13300/ton ($1500/ton) for HPDE b/m and at EGP12900-13500/ton ($1455-1523/ton) for HDPE injection, all on an ex-Egypt, 60 days deferred payment basis excluding VAT.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Polymer demand takes a heavy knock from deepening COVID crisis in India
- Stats: Turkey’s polymer imports rise to fresh records in Q1
- HDPE set to reach a plateau in Europe, LDPE fares better
- Bearish PP trend takes no respite on lackluster demand in Turkey
- India import PVC market recedes from all-time high on COVID-hit demand
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports in Q1 mark lowest volume in a year
- Vietnamese PE buyers hold off purchases on fears of further price pullback
- European PS on brink of a softer trend after 6 months
- Turkish PP and PE players voice bearish expectations for May
- China’s local homo-PP prices slide below imports