Egypt’s SIDPEC issues July HDPE prices
A source from the producer attributed their hike decision to firmer ethylene costs as well as improved demand in China, commenting, “We are also expecting demand to improve after the Eid holidays in Egypt as most converters didn’t make any purchases beyond their urgent needs during the Ramadan month. This week, we are planning to deliver HDPE inj. and film grades since our HDPE film/blow moulding swing line is set to produce HDPE film.”
Meanwhile, the source also stated that they haven’t decided on their annual maintenance date yet. “We were initially planning to shut our plant in October for annual turnaround. However, this is not our final decision as we need to make a joint resolution with EPC,” he further added.
SIDPEC’s new offers stand at EGP13200/ton ($1489/ton) for HDPE film, at EGP13300/ton ($1500/ton) for HPDE b/m and at EGP12900-13500/ton ($1455-1523/ton) for HDPE injection, all on an ex-Egypt, 60 days deferred payment basis excluding VAT.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian polymer markets unfazed by crude oil rally
- India’s polymer demand slowly heals pandemic-inflicted wounds
- LDPE faces a tougher slog in Asia, Europe still on a tear
- Weakness extends to June in Saudi Arabian PP, PE markets
- European PP signals stabilization after 7 months of hikes
- Turkish plastic recycling market in deadlock–solution awaited on import waste ban
- Asia PVC markets decline to 3-month low as downturn fueled by June announcements
- Limited demand leads to further PP, PE declines in China; LDPE hits 6-month low
- African PP, PE markets soften into June
- European PS, ABS under pressure from upstream markets