Egypt’s SIDPEC issues Sept PE offers, runs plant at full rates after maintenance
Accordingly, SIDPEC’s August offers are reported at EGP22,200/ton ($1258/ton) for HDPE film, EGP22,500/ton ($1274/ton) for HDPE blow molding and EGP22,000/ton ($1246/ton) for injection, all on ex-Alexandria, 60 days deferred payment excluding VAT basis.
“Overall market activity is quiet amid holidays and we need some time to see how demand will react. We have restarted our HDPE injection line and we are currently running our plant at full rates. This week, we are delivering HDPE b/m cargoes to our customers and we will switch to produce HDPE film as of next Thursday at our HDPE film and b/m swing line,” commented a producer source.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?