Egypt’s SIDPEC lowers operating rates
“Despite lowering our operating rates, we continue to deliver to the market without any problems as we hold sufficient stocks. We see good demand towards our cargoes as the higher US dollar against the depreciating Egyptian pound helps us to see improved demand as most buyers have left the import market and headed to the local market to meet their needs. Apart from that, Middle Eastern producers do not hold comfortable stocks for September while many of them have stopped their export trade in the face of the upcoming Eid Holiday.”
SIDPEC’s new September HDPE offers came with EGP1200/ton ($153/ton) decreases for film and blow moulding while they were EGP800-900/ton ($102-115/ton) down for HDPE injection. The producer offers HDPE film at EGP10900/ton ($1392/ton), HDPE blow moulding at EGP11000/ton ($1405/ton) and HDPE injection at EGP11200-11300/ton ($1430-1443/ton) on an ex-Alexandria, 60 days deferred payment basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns