Egypt’s SIDPEC resumes operations; opens Feb with slight hikes
Following the restart of the plant, the producer revealed their new February offers with slight hikes from January, issuing an increase of EGP300/ton ($16/ton) compared with the previous month.
“Our costs have increased; hence we had to reflect the increases on our prices. However, the increase amounts were kept limited by the weakness in demand amidst the ongoing cash flow problems and high prices. We are making our deliveries to the market smoothly now and this week, we will be supplying HDPE film grade to the market from our HDPE film and b/m swing line,” reported the source.
The producer’s new February offers are standing at EGP21500/ton ($1132/ton) for film, at EGP21800/ton ($1147/ton) for blow moulding and at EGP21300/ton ($1121/ton) for injection, all on ex-Alexandria, 60 days deferred payment excluding VAT basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tightness brings further price hikes in African PP, PE markets
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record
- China PP, PE markets close 2020 on a soft note; SE Asia feels pressure
- Stats: China’s total PE imports down for 2nd month in November
- Egypt PET markets poised to end the year on a strong note