Egypt’s SIDPEC resumes operations; opens Feb with slight hikes
Following the restart of the plant, the producer revealed their new February offers with slight hikes from January, issuing an increase of EGP300/ton ($16/ton) compared with the previous month.
“Our costs have increased; hence we had to reflect the increases on our prices. However, the increase amounts were kept limited by the weakness in demand amidst the ongoing cash flow problems and high prices. We are making our deliveries to the market smoothly now and this week, we will be supplying HDPE film grade to the market from our HDPE film and b/m swing line,” reported the source.
The producer’s new February offers are standing at EGP21500/ton ($1132/ton) for film, at EGP21800/ton ($1147/ton) for blow moulding and at EGP21300/ton ($1121/ton) for injection, all on ex-Alexandria, 60 days deferred payment excluding VAT basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?