Egypt’s SIDPEC reveals May PE prices with hikes
SIDPEC now offers HDPE film at EGP12800/ton ($1678/ton), HDPE blow moulding at EGP12900/ton ($1691/ton) and HDPE injection at EGP12700-12900/ton ($1665-1691/ton) on ex-Alexandria, cash excluding VAT basis.
“When considering the globally increasing prices, our hike amount can be deemed as reasonable. However, it is still early to judge the demand as our hike announcement came at the end of last week. At the moment, we run our plant at full capacity for both our production lines while we will be delivering HDPE film to the market this week,” commented the source.
Prior to SIDPEC’s increase announcement, it was highlighted in the most recent ChemOrbis Egypt PE Polymer Digest that the local producer was under upward pressure both from the higher import market levels as well as the firmer prices in the distribution market.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PET bottle fails to salve pandemic wounds; challenges mount as autumn begins
- Can LDPE uptrend hold in Asia?
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness