Egypt’s SIDPEC rolls over Aug PE offers, partly resumes production
Accordingly, SIDPEC’s August offers are reported at EGP22,200/ton ($1228/ton) for HDPE film, EGP22,500/ton ($1245/ton) for HDPE blow molding and EGP22,000/ton ($1217/ton) for injection, all on ex-Alexandria, 60 days deferred payment excluding VAT basis.
“The market is mostly steady. Liquidity issues are keeping market activities weak as buyers are purchasing on a needs only basis. We have restarted our plant, but we are currently operating only one production line which produces HDPE film and b/m grades. We will start our HDPE film deliveries as of tomorrow. However, the HDPE inj. production line is still shut and we will restart it as of the beginning of the next week. We believe that demand might witness some improvements ahead of the upcoming Eid-al-Adha holidays due to the high season for PE applications, especially for the plastic bags,” commented a producer source.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market
- China’s PE uptrend fueled by US force majeures; LDPE soars to more than 1-year high
- Stats: China’s cumulative PP imports in Jan-July 2020 reach record-high
- Sept PP, PE trend begins to take shape in Saudi Arabia
- Sept expectations voiced in Europe; ABS draws rosier picture than PS